土木在线论坛 \ 人才招聘 \ 学生专栏 \ 2006年全国研究生入学考试英语试题

2006年全国研究生入学考试英语试题

发布于:2006-01-17 20:24:17 来自:人才招聘/学生专栏 [复制转发]
Part A

The homeless make up a growing percentage of America’s population. __1_ homelessness has reached such proportions that local government can’t possibly __2__. To help homeless people __3__ independence, the federal government must support job training programs, __4__ the minimum wage, and fund more low-cost housing. __5__ everyone agrees on the numbers of Americans who are homeless. Estimates __6__ anywhere from 600,000 to 3 million. __7__ the figure may vary, analysts do agree on another matter: that the number of the homeless is __8__, one of the federal government’s studies __9__ that the number of the homeless will reach nearly 19 million by the end of this decade.

Finding ways to __10__ this growing homeless population has become increasingly difficult. __11__ when homeless individuals manage to find a __12__ that will give them three meals a day and a place to sleep at night, a good number still spend the bulk of each day __13__ the street. Part of the problem is that many homeless adults are addicted to alcohol or drugs. And a significant number of the homeless have serious mental disorders. Many others, __14__ not addicted or mentally ill, simply lack the everyday __15__ skills need to turn their lives __16__. Boston Globe reporter Chris Reidy notes that the situation will improve only when there are __17__ programs that address the many needs of the homeless. __18__ Edward Blotkowsk, director of community service at Bentley College in Massachusetts, __19__ it, “There has to be __20__ of programs. What’s need is a package deal.”

全部回复(34 )

只看楼主 我来说两句
  • jjtony_001
    jjtony_001 沙发
    祝广大考研学子好运!
    新年快乐 考研成功!
    2006-01-17 20:44:17

回复 举报
    赞同0
  • jjtony_001
    jjtony_001 板凳
    Part B

52 Directions: study the following photos carefully and write an essay in which you should:

1) describe the photos briefly

2) interpret the social phenomenon reflected by them ,and

3) give you point of view

You should write 160-200 words neatly on ANSWER SHEET2(20 points)
    2006-01-17 20:43:17

回复 举报
    赞同0
加载更多
这个家伙什么也没有留下。。。

学生专栏

返回版块

23.93 万条内容 · 121 人订阅

猜你喜欢

阅读下一篇

2006考研英语作文参考范文

仅供参考——小作文范文: Dear Sir: Jan.14.2006 I’m a teacher of Renmin university of China and I’d like to contribute to Project Hope by offering financial aid to a child in a remote part of your province.So,I would be most grateful if you could send me information regarding such a child who has met the following standards:

回帖成功

经验值 +10